New Teen Programs Coming This Year
Bellaire Public Library has named Theresa Kwiatkowski, B.F.A., as their new Program Specialist. Theresa, along with Bri Weas, Samantha McAfee, and Stan Fedyszyn have planned some new activities for your children and teens to be involved in. Please stop in to the library to sign up your teens today!
Cookies with Santa
Registration required. Please stop in or call us at (740) 676-9421 to register your children by November 30th.
Lynda Now Available at Bellaire Public Library!
Ohio Night Stalkers: Bigfoot Research Program
Do you believe in Bigfoot? Bigfoot researchers and lecturers Mike Feltner & Mike Miller of the Ohio Night Stalkers will be at the Bellaire Public Library to present field research, photographic evidence, footprint casts and more!
Summer Library Program 2018: Libraries Rock!
2018 Summer Library Program
Friday, June 15th 1:00 Animals Rock! Kick-Off Program
The Schrader Center will be here with their Animal Sounds program to kick off our 2018 Summer Library Program!
Summer Storytime - Wednesdays at 11:00 beginning June 6th
Join us for Summer Storytime for ages 3-6.
Note: Registration is not required for summer storytime.
Monday, June 11th – Teen Game Night 5:00-7:00
Monday, June 25th – Teen Book Club 6:00
Summer Library Programs - Fridays at 1:00
All-ages programming. Programs subject to change.
June 15th: Kick-off program with the Schrader Center
June 22nd: Art Rocks!
June 29th: America Rocks!
July 6th: Owls Rock! with the Schrader Center
July 13th: Ice Cream Rocks!
July 20th: Music Rocks! with the Schrader Center
July 27th: Closing Party – Geology Rocks! with the Schrader Center. All children who registered & participated are welcome to celebrate your summer accomplishments.
Libraries Rock for Adults this summer! Adults are invited to play Book Bingo at the Bellaire Public Library. Each person who signs up will receive a “Libraries Rock” tote bag and a Chipotle coupon. Here’s how it works: Once you register you will receive a bingo card. Instead of numbers, this card is filled in by reading books from a variety of genres, or attending a library program. To hit BINGO, read and record books from FIVE categories to create a row, column, or diagonal line. Once you complete a BINGO, bring your card to the library and receive a prize. Each completed BINGO card will be entered for the grand prize drawing held on July 27th. All entries must be received by noon on that day to be eligible.
Summer Reading Program Information
- Our summer library programs are for all children ages 18 & under.
- Children are encouraged to read at their appropriate reading level. Parents may read to children who are not yet reading independently.
- All reading counts! Physical books, eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, etc. – all reading is good reading. J
- Children may participate in the summer library program even if they cannot attend all programs throughout the summer.
- Children can stop in as often as they like for books & to update their summer reading charts.
- Raffle tickets will be given at each summer library program and as incentives throughout the program. Tickets can be entered into various prize drawings.
- Raffle tickets must be turned in by Friday, July 27th at 1:00. Drawings will be held at the closing party and winners will be notified.
Registration is required for everyone participating! You can register anytime from June 1st – June 30th.
Register online by clicking HERE or in person and visit the library to pick up your packet.
Check out our Facebook Page for all our summer events!
If you have any questions, please contact the library at 740-676-9421.