The Bellaire Public Library is currently digitizing its microfilmed newspaper collection.
The following newspapers are already currently available - no library card need for access!
- Bellaire Daily Leader (1913-1942); The Daily Times (1926-1942); The Daily Times and The Daily Leader (1942-1943); The Times Leader (1943-1962)
- The Ripley Bee (2010-2011)
- Belmont Chronicle (1966-1973)
- The Bellaire Democrat (1928-1933)
- Daily Independent (1914-1919)
- The Bellaire Herald (1898-1899)
- The Evening Times (1891-1892)
- Bellaire Independent (1873-1873)
NOTE: Wheeling area newspapers are available through the Ohio County Public Library.
For newspapers from across the United States, try Chronicling America:
Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress.
Local papers available include:
- Belmont Chronicle (1853-1895)
- Wheeling Daily Intelligencer (1852-1922)
- Wheeling Daily Register (1863-1897)
- Wheeling Repository (weekly — March 1807 to May 8, 1808)
- Virginia Statesman, (weekly — January 1928 to June 1929)
- Wheeling Compiler (weekly — July 1829 to December 1830 [some issues missing])
- Wheeling Times and Advertiser (1840-1848)