The Library is a place where citizens come to select materials, do research, study, and read or to attend programs and meetings. These citizens have a right to expect that the Library is clean, pleasant, and a safe environment.
Appropriate conduct in the Library includes but not limited to:
- NO loud conversation or rowdy behavior which disrupts the use of the Library by others. This includes running in the stacks and other rooms.
- NO verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual harassment or bullying of any type of library users or staff.
- NO consuming food or beverages, (especially in computer areas), except in designated areas (i.e. meeting rooms with kitchens) and programs.
- All children in 2nd grade or under must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- NO smoking in the library.
- NO removal of materials or equipment from the library without checking the items out with a valid library card.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn in Library. This policy also includes children.
- Photographing or Using the Library's photographs without complying with the Duplication and Use of Photographs Policy is prohibited.
- Taking photographs and/or recording videos of Library staff or patrons without their permission is prohibited.
- All library rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
If any person is confronted with violations of these rules, the patron should alert a staff member immediately.
Any person who fails to abide by this policy may risk losing all library privileges.
Updated and approved 01/27/2020