Seeking 2 customer service oriented applicants to fill CLERICAL POSITIONS
Part-Time, 20-28 hours per week. Wages are based upon experience and skill sets
Application Deadlines December 1, 2021 or until filled.
Some college is preferred, a minimum of at least a High School diploma
Must have experience with computers and other digital devices, (i.e. smart phone, tablet, e-reader, printers, etc.)
Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends
Must have the ability to alphabetize and work at the Circulation Desk
Must be able to lift stacks of books, push library carts and correctly place books on shelves
Must successfully complete a background check
Ask at the Circulation Desk for information and applications
20-28 hours per week
Circulation Desk Supervisor
Some college is preferred. Must have experience with computers and other digital devices, (i.e. smart phone, tablet, e-reader, printers, etc.) Must possess good communication skills and work well with public and co-workers, be a team player. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push library carts. Must pass a background check.
- Performs circulation desk duties including, but not limited to:
- Assisting patrons in locating books and all library items.
- Giving directions
- Answering telephone and reference questions
- Assisting patrons with database searches, the online catalog and website.
- Checking in, checking out and placing hold on materials
- Notifying patrons when materials are ready for pick-up
- Assisting patrons with copying faxing and using library equipment
- Collecting fines, which includes making change
- Creating or replacing library cards for patrons
- Shelving, shifting and weeding books and library materials
- Assisting with the processing of materials
- Clerks are also responsible for processing U.S. Cargo materials coming and going out,
- mail and other duties and special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned