|Dates & times||
Join us this year for the 11th annual GSV Winter Lecture Series in 2023!
➤ Download a printable 2023 brochure schedule
➤ View recorded versions of the 2023 GSV Winter Lecture Series*
(*available only after date of presentation)
- Feb 1: "Thanks for the Memories - Bob Hope in Bellaire" presented by Attorney Daniel L. Frizzi, Jr.
- Feb. 8: "The Moonlight Mill Murders of Stuebenville, OH" presented by Susan Guy
- Feb. 15: "Belmont County, A Bedrock of Historic Preservation," presented by Building Preservation Trades educators Jon Smith, Sarel Venter, and Jeffrey Forster
- Feb. 22: "The Inception of the New Industrial Training Center" presented by Business Manager Edward D'Aquila, Training Director Jason Dean, and Architect Wendy Scatterday
- Mar. 1: "Belmont County's Dangerfield Newbie: his involvement in John Brown’s Raid, and how his family continued his fight for freedom following his death" presented by Jon-Erik Gilot
- Mar. 8: “The Steamboat Scioto” presented by Taylor Abbott
- Mar. 15: “It All Started in a Janitor’s Closet - A history of the Bellaire High School Archives” presented by Tom Rataiczak
- Mar. 22: “Wheeling Secessionists – Recollections of two local women from the Civil War” presented by Judi Hendrickson and Jeanne Finstein
Since 2012, the library has partnered with the Great Stone Viaduct Historical Education Society on a Winter Lecture Series. These programs, featuring presentations of local historical and community topics, are held on Wednesday nights at 6 pm in the Community Room on the lower level of the Library throughout the months of February and March. All Winter Lecture Series programs are free for the public to attend.
➤ View recorded versions of the 2022 GSV Winter Lecture Series
➤ View recorded versions of the 2021 GSV Winter Lecture Series