Under the direction of the Library Board of Trustees, the Library Director is responsible for identifying, planning, organizing, executing and evaluating and effective program of library service to the community.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a Graduate Degree in Library and Information Science or in Library Science from an ALA accredited school. Must have library management experience and be able to complete a successful background check.
- Ensures that library services are appropriately and effectively provided, in accordance with the mission statement and the goals of the Bellaire Public Library.
- Develops and maintains the collection through developing a collection plan, initiating orders and supervising the ordering, cataloguing, classification and maintenance of the collection.
- Ensures that a high quality of community programming is provided, based on assessed needs as opportunities arise, staff and financial resources permitting.
- Develops the library’s ability to provide excellent quality reference service through staff training, reference collection development and customer training.
- Maintains an effective public relations program, represents the library’s interests to appropriate community groups, the media, and local government.
- Maintains contact and oversees sharing of resources with the community of libraries on a regional and state level.
- Manages the library facility through ensuring effective maintenance, security and use of building.
- Provides support and expertise to the Board in preparing a strategic plan and an annual budget
- Develops and executes planned automation of library routines and services.
- Reports monthly to the Board and serves as the liaison to the staff.
- Ensures the effective use of library employees through hiring, assignment of duties, discipline and dismissal. Maintains appropriate staff records, conducts regularly scheduled evaluation and determines training needs.
- Applies for and administers grants to supplement and extend the library’s services.
- Develops policies for approval by the Board.
- Is the Library’s ambassador to the community
- Assists the Board in accomplishing projects as requested.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org