Fines & Fees
A receipt showing the date due back for each item is printed and given to the patron upon check-out.
No fines are charged to materials returned on time. Also, fines may be charged differently on items borrowed from other libraries depending on the lending library's fine policy.
On all Bellaire Public Library materials checked out with a Bellaire library card:
- 1 to 6 days after the due date -- no charge
- 7 days or more after the due date -- 10¢ per item per day up to the cost of the item
On materials borrowed from other libraries:
- Fines may vary on these items due to differences in lending policies between our library and the library from where we borrowed the materials. (Example: Another library may charge fines of 25¢ per day on their items where we only charge 10¢ on ours.)
On Inter-Library Loans:
- If a requested item cannot be found in the SEO Consortium, the library provides Inter-Library Loans services as well. To help pay for mailing costs for this service, there is a $3.00 fee for each item, which is paid upon pick-up.
On materials checked out on another library's card:
- Due dates and fines may vary on these items due to differences in borrower privileges between our library and the library where your card was issued. (Example: A card issued at a library other than Bellaire may only give you one week until your item is due where our cards allow three weeks until it's due.)
NOTE: An additional processing fee may be charged if it becomes necessary to send you a bill for the items checked out. Also, a $10.00 pick-up fee will be charged if we need to come and get the books from you.
© 2012-2014 Bellaire Public Library.330 32nd Street Bellaire, OH 43906 (740) 676-9421